A studio update.

I am adoring having a studio. I cycle to it in the morning, which can take up to an hour depending on my mood. I mostly get there in time for Woman's Hour. I never have a plan and it's never tidy but I'm working really well.PhotobucketNaturally there's a lot of arty toot in there: old stuff, old jars, old dip pens - old propelling pencils are pleasing me greatly at the moment.PhotobucketAnd when I pitched around for something to get some ink out of the pot my hand chanced upon this old letter opener - looks pretty gruesome eh?PhotobucketA nice shadow from a mobile I made.PhotobucketWhen I'm in there I don't make lists, I don't limit my internet time, I don't tidy and think of storage solutions, I don't set goals or worry if I don't feel like finishing a project. At the moment I mostly cut lino whilst watching One Born Every Minute. And when I feel like leaving I do, these are halcyon days.Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. what a lovely post… appreciating what you have is an art and you've nailed it! plus those block prints are so-o nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm sure the smugness won't last but you're right - I am really appreciating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an idyllic space you have created for yourself! (Although if it was me I'd have to stop and have a bit of a cry each time a baby arrived on One Born Every Minute.)
    Those fish prints are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you got me! Luckily we have low dividers between our spaces so I can duck my head down and have a quick weep without anyone seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello