Some toot for the blank horror day.

My granny coined the term blank horror day (instead of bank holiday, get it?) but in fact I found today to be perfect, she lived in Hemel Hempstead so I guess most days were verging on blank anyway. In London I floated about on the trains in a blissful calm, hardly anyone was about. Then I headed to my folks house to scrabble through my back catalogue of toot, which they kindly store for me. Here is also some other toot that you missed over Christmas.
Photobucket
A very funny pot indeed.
Photobucket
A device for measuring the inside of a hat.
Photobucket
Some shoes, that have already been sold to a lovely boy who frequents the market - he makes clothes for dolls, look here.
Photobucket
These stone eggs I dug out of the shed, very pleasing things - if I didn't sell all my egg shaped things I'd have a fine collection by now.
Photobucket
A little more bent wire for the collection.
Photobucket
And my contribution to Bent Wire Weekly. I was playing with some wire whilst making the wreaths over Christmas and when I arrived back the shapes I made had been hung up, very pleasing.
This photo was taken in my childhood bedroom; note well the mark bottom left - where I fired a penny at the wall using my brother's catapult. And the slightly lame blue colour: as an aspiring interior designer I decided my bedroom needed an 'under the sea' theme.
Photobucket
That brother of mine had a brilliant reflection cast on his wall in the afternoon.
Photobucket
And I opened a lovely parcel from that naughty Vicar - it was Just Kids, the Patti Smith book, which I shall gobble promptly and a documentary about Henry Darger which I have already consumed. What a perfect package, what a good egg.

2 comments:

  1. super finds.
    although i got a bit worried when i misread "A device for measuring the inside of a hat" as "A device for measuring the inside of a head" ...
    that would certainly be a scary devise : P


    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey! the head measuring device would sell very well though, people love a bit of macabre.

    ReplyDelete

Hello